Friday, December 21, 2007

Answer to Crossview-Legg Perthes

Crossview said "I was elated to first read about the no surgery part. Until I read the rest.... *sigh* So surgery will most likely still need to be done??

Still praying here! "


Well, honestly we don't know.  Right now, from what my untrained eyes can decipher of the X-ray, it looks like the round part of the femoral head is gone...that's the part that fits into the socket anyway.  The midpoint of the femoral head is slightly wider than the socket at it's present angle.   I think that I'll be able to post the pictures of the X-Rays when I get them in the next couple of weeks.  I'm not positive, but they are coming on a CD so it's possible.  If I can, it'll make more sense.


The concern is, how will the head regrow if it doesn't have the socket to shape it.  If it grows in round...no real worries...but if it is misshappen then we are looking at surgery.


We've always known that.  We just didn't want to do surgery before we HAD to do surgery.  And now for the first time this ONE doctor doesn't WANT to do surgery.  He's been the one since the beginning who has said, "I'm a surgeon, of course I WANT to do the surgery."  But to his credit, he is also the one to take it to the board and go with the consensus to wait and see.


And so, once again...we wait and see.  I did pray that the Lord would make it VERY clear what we are supposed to do NOW.  The surgeon NOT wanting to do surgery is pretty clear.


Hope that makes sense.


See you around...


 

No comments: