Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Morning blips...

Week 2 TOG...Well this week is EVEN more full than last week. I actually started filling up the note section of my planning sheet. It's making for a much busier form...I'm not POSITIVE that it isn't too busy and I'm afraid that I'll miss things in the turmoil of it. Still I have my check boxes and my double check it book list. One nice thing about it all in one place is that I can just HAND it to Bubba...he now has WAY more information than he has ever wanted...so he can stop wondering. HMMMMM...hope it doesn't cut down on conversation...I'll have to snatch it back if it does...

Plug for TOG...This weekend I had a RED LETTER moment when I knew the date of the death of Atilla the Hun and Bubba didn't. Now this may SEEM like childish competition...well, maybe it is...but I have NEVER....EVER...known the date of something that Bubba didn't know. It's sort of our thing...I ask him dates and locations because I never know...he is also the time keeper...his own fault for wearing a watch if you ask me. I get to be the food knower-abouter and the color guide...we all have our strengths.

Menus and Food...Since the beginning of the Girlie Trip (April 28th) we have eaten a bunch of junk food with a little good food interspersed...now my body HATES it when I do this...I get tired, crabby, gain weight...it's just not pretty. So in the spirit of getting it all back together I give you 6 days of meals and links to the things that we are going to be eating this week. I'm not giving you all the tweaks that I will make but generally if it calls for sugar or honey I either substitue stevia or xylitol or cut the sugar in half, I don't DO canola or veggie oil...or SOY, except naturally fermented soy SAUCE...and I don't personally do much grain (blood sugar issues), but there is one that just SCREAMS for something to sop up the juices and tortillas are easier than salads for the two littlest girls so my kids'll have a couple grain type foods. Here you go...

Monday - Curried Chicken Satay with Fresh Mint-Soy Vinaigrette and Sesame Snow Peas

Tuesday - Pork with Sweet Onion Marmellata (This one is PROBABLY too sweet for me, but I'm still making it because, well, it sounds yummy...I can at least eat the pork chop and "butter" it with a little sauce) and Asparagus with Vin Santo Vinegarette (If I can find the wine, so be it, if I can't it'll just be steamed aspargus)

Wednesday - Curried Lamb (Substituting Beef which I have on hand) and a Green Salad. The kids'll get tri-colored couscous with this one...curry just NEEDS something for soppin'.

Thursday - Tequila Chicken...this will end up being kind of like a taco salad with lettuce, salsa and guac, maybe some cheese...the kids'll probably end up with tortillas.

Friday - Fish Tacos...here again this is going to be served with a salad of sorts...cabbage, salsa...the kids'll STILL probably end up with tortillas...maybe not...it'll depend on how I cut the fish. Oh, I'm subbing Tilapia for this and I'll probably broil it or pan fry it...I have it on hand, Bubba doesn't have to be involved, etc.

Saturday - Burgers (gitcher own recipe), Caprese Salad (cut grape tomatoes in half and cut mozzerella (fresh) or monteray jack cheese into chunks about the same size as the tomatoes...in about equal portions...add some fresh basil if you have it...drizzle on some good olive oil and balsalmic vinegar, salt and pepper...voila...done!)

Caspian...Bubba is staying home this morning to take Beanie to Prince Caspian as a belated birthday date for the two of them. She has been waiting patiently for several months and knows the book six ways to Sunday (books on tape are GRAND). I hope she isn't disappointed.

See ya around...

No comments: