Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sick and Busy!!!

Well, look at that, 15 days from my last blog post...for shame.

I'd tell you that I'd been sitting here wracking my brain trying to think of something intelligent to write for your pleasure, dear reader, but then I'd be lying. See, the real deal for me is that I write when A) I have a cute picture and a few minutes or B) the wild-eyed muse hits me and won't let me go. Recently (end of February, beginning of March) that muse had me writing 2-3 posts a day. True, you didn't see a lot of them...but I did write them...and most of them were not fit for happy eyes. One or two of them you may see later. But the major point here is, the muse left. I got all my emotional stuff OUT and then like the crying, the writing kinda petered out. I was actually glad. I didn't like feeling like I couldn't do anything else except sit here and write.

So, thankfully, life has started back up again. Now, I am STILL coughing. I think that my first facebook post about being sick and pitiful was on February 26th or 27th so that makes this day 23 of coughing and officially the longest illness I have personally ever survived. (yes, I'm still assuming that eventually I'll survive.) About 2 weeks ago, I decided that at some point I must not be "contagious" any more and I REALLY needed to get out of the house...so I braved the store with the girls...coughed too much and headed back home again.

This last week was spring break for the kids in our area, so Bear's soccer organization threw a camp. From Monday through Thursday we all headed out to the field by 8 am. Now, make no mistake, I LEFT her there...but it did start our day much earlier than it usually starts.

Having early mornings and one less girl was a very good thing because we are in the process of RE-DOING the house. And by re-doing I mean switching the furniture of AT LEAST 5 different rooms...honestly the only rooms NOT affected will be my master bedroom suite and the kitchen/nook. So the earlier mornings made it easier to start the-girls-that-I-had-left on school and then get tossing and organizing.

The impetus of this drastic move is twofold. The first being that Grandma is coming to stay with us for the summer (WHEEEEEEEE!). By moving our guest room downstairs she will have a bathroom really close and a much quieter little cubby to hide in...plus it's a little more private. The second falls simply under the "IT IS TIME" category. You know, you live in a house long enough and the stuff simply piles up, until you are not sure what is really in that cabinet/bookshelf/closet/pile anymore.

So the PLAN is to...
1) Move the guest room from the current game room to the current school room

2) Move the stuff we are keeping from the current school room into the current play room.

3) Move the stuff from Bubbas office into the current game room with MY craft stuff so we have one big crafty/office-y room for Bubba and I.

4) Move the little girls from their current bedroom into Bubbas current office moving stuff from elsewhere in the house to complete the room, keeping the dressing room intact in so much as it relates to their stuff.

5) Leave Beanie in the girls current bedroom and gather other bedroom stuff from around the house to complete her room...ie dresser from the dressing room, nightstand and desk from the gameroom, stereo from her Daddys office (she doesn't know yet, shhhhhh)...

Now throw in there a recent couch and TV purchase that actually happened in January and the fact that Bubba wants to paint EVERYTHING, you put the whole house in flux.

Here is some of the progress so far...

The old school room as I tore it down...and the blank wall that became apparent once I moved the book shelves...


The old play room and the new school/play room...sorry they aren't from the same angle...my before shot from the same angle is terribly blurry...meh!



The old couch...and love seat and old tv...



The kids WAITING for the new couch watching the new TV...can you tell what show they are watching??? Click to get a bigger picture the second one SHOULD give it away...



And here is the new couch being used as we use couches...it all it's messy glory...Poor Bean REALLY needs a carpet...



This last one is one small part of the process...a pseudo-organized part of the chaos that has enveloped my house...



So that is a part of what we've been doing. Stay tuned for further updates as they are completed. I'm getting so excited because this project ACTUALLY has an end (I think)...Grandma is supposed to BE HERE sometime the last week in April and it SHOULD all be done by then...that doesn't seem too long, does it?

See ya around...

5 comments:

CrossView said...

I just recently came off a rearrange, sift through, and re-do tear that left me happily exhausted! LOL!

I don't know what this sickeness is but we've been dragging it on for two weeks and counting... YUCK!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

And YAY for Grandma coming. Sounds like it'll be fun!

And yes, that's pleanty of time to get it all done. Assuming you don't really need sleep. ;o)

Roxanne said...

OMG! I, too, just went through a major house overhaul.

I started in November to move our sleeping quarters to the basement--to save on the heating bill.

Then, my MIL came to stay with use two weeks later. It was supposed to be indefinitely, so that involved rearranging three rooms in two days. (My back was beginning to seriously rebel.)

THEN, she left in December. Last week, the basement and our son's room got major shifting.

Is there something in the air?

(I posted about all the upheaval if you want some encouragement!)

Roxanne said...

Thought I'd leave a link:

http://havenofhome.blogspot.com/search/label/Moving%20WITHIN%20Your%20Home

Roxanne said...

Are you making headway in your "Grandma's On Her Way!" preparations?

Heck, who needs to homeschool? Priorities, priorities!

Stack said...

LOL...yes, Roxanne, we are making headway...but it's not the "organized" kind. I think what will happen is that one day in the not too distant future it'll all just be done and I'll walk around and take pictures...and then YEARS later when I look back I won't remember the HUGE mess that it is right now. That's the game plan, anyway.