Friday, June 4, 2010

Daddy's last trip...

Came across these the other day. Actually found them on my desk. I'm not sure how they came to be there, if they were unearthed in some of the re-organizing or if someone sent them to mom and she left them out for me to see...but look...

I believe that these are the last pictures of taken of my Dad...



What WAS he doing, you ask?

Well, he and my mom had just driven from Arizona to California to celebrate the retirement of my dear great Unka from the ministry...you can see he and his wife, Auntie in the foreground. It was, evidently QUITE a party.

During the party there must've been interesting parts that reminded mom of something she wanted to remind Daddy of...and it made them smile...



And there must've been some sweet moments...sentimental moments...that brought a tear to his eye. I can tell that Dad's eyes are 'leaking' in this one...(mom's, too.)



There was certainly something to make him laugh right out loud. I wish that this picture had him in better focus, but I don't really think he was the main target of the shot...still when I see it, it makes me smile...cuz I can hear him laughing...I pray I never forget that sound.



Thank you to whoever took these pictures...and thank you to Auntie and Unka for letting me post them. I wish I could have been there, but barring that, I love looking at how much fun my Daddy was having...how alive he was...just 3 days before he died. I pray that I also get to live live live right up until I go home to Jesus, just like my Dad.

See ya around...

No comments: