Saturday, February 25, 2012

WOO HOO! And there was GREAT rejoicing...

Oh my goodness, it's been awhile.  Let's see...well, my camera has been giving me FITS for months and months...sometime late last summer the lens started to grind whenever it moved.  Right at first it didn't cause any problems...other than to my psyche as I had to listen to that awful noise.  But as time went on...it got worse...pretty soon the lens began catching and having a hard time moving at all.  Sometime in November it became virtually unusable.

Which brings me to my post.  I got a new camera today.  It's basically the grandchild of my old camera which I loved so well...a Cannon Powershot SX40 (not to put too fine a point on it)...I hope that we will become very good friends.

I haven't had much chance to get to know it yet...but I have taken a few pictures...for instance our 1st and 3rd grader's memory verse for the week...


And then there was the dry erase marker that was just sitting there waiting to have it's picture taken as all dry erase markers do...(um and shoelaces)...


And last but not least...an incredibly hazy reflection...


I think it's pretty obvious that I'm out of practice and that I probably need to bring up my game...but it is SO nice to play with a camera that doesn't growl at me...

See ya around...

No comments: