Friday, February 27, 2009

Possible Legg-Perthes...Monkey Face

I just wanted to ask for prayer. If you've read my blog for very long you know that my oldest, Beanie was diagnosed with a degenerative hip condition called Legg-Perthes (Legg-Calve-Perthes) in March of 2007.

Well, my little Monkey-Face has been limping off and on for about 6 weeks...we got her adjusted about 5 weeks ago and she kind of stopped and then it got much worse and so last week we got her adjusted again. Unlike the first time she didn't stop limping with the adjustment.

Last week I called Scottish Rite and asked them what I should do with her, would they see her. They said that they would but that our regular doctor was out of town at the moment and that they would call me when he got back in a couple weeks.

She fell down pretty hard on Wednesday and both her knee and her hip popped loudly. So I called my pediatrician, to have her looked at.

We saw my ped this morning. She feels the the mobility of the hip needs to be looked at further...and that it looks like this could be the same thing that we went through with Beanie just before she was diagnosed. She is sending a referral to Scottish Rite today. She would like us to be seen as soon as possible...she actually SAID, "I want her in there next week."

I also talked to Scottish Rite and expect them to call with an appointment time sometime today or Monday.

I would ask that you pray. Pray for healing. Pray for wisdom.

I'm feeling a little numb...almost fatalistic. I can't really explain it. I understood my emotions last time. This time I just feel like pretending that nothing is happening.

And I need you to pray for my Bubba. He is MAD. Not at me or anybody...just in general...and I don't think he knows how to deal with this either.

We don't even KNOW that it's Legg-Perthes, but it's hard not to assume that it is. I think it's fair enough to say we've dealt with this enough to know how to deal with it...but that we don't WANNA...and we don't want HER to have to deal with it...and what we want to do is kick and scream like a 3 year old in a tantrum...if you know what I mean.

Pray the Lord strengthen our backs to the task before us...and that we not lose heart.

See ya around...

1 comment:

CrossView said...

Wow! You guys have your hands full. What are the chances that it could be two in the same family with the same thing (if that's what it is)??!!

I guess the upside is that you DO know how to deal with it but I can't blame you for not wanting to go through it all again!

Sending prayers!