Friday, February 26, 2010

Balloon...ESCAPE!

Now, this last couple of weeks things are not quite what they should be around here. I'm not on my feet yet...there I said it. I'm working on it...but grief stinks...and there seems no way to go but straight through.

That being said, I'm not watching my kids as closely as I usually do and over the last couple of weeks this has lead to a few incidents that aren't nearly as funny as this one. This one, actually made me laugh.

I give you exhibit A. Children swinging decided outdoor toys around in our playroom area...They were also saying things like, "Come down, come back..." I figured it was some sort of game and that high wall was Rapunzel's tower or some such...


So I left 'em...(couple of weeks ago, I'd have made them at LEAST stop swinging the yard toys)

A few minutes later, Bean says, "Hey Mom, could you please help us?" I'm thinking, "sure, whatever could they want?"

Wait'll you see!!



THAT, dear reader, is a statically charged Valentine's heart balloon that they had been rubbing on each other's hair to make it stand up...that got out of control...and stuck to that high wall. The balloon didn't much like being bashed about with yard toys either...

See ya around...

1 comment:

CrossView said...

That IS funny! I wonder if the balloon deliberately hid up there to avoid being whacked??!!

And I lost my Dad 2 years and 3 months ago. It's gotten better but even now I still have "those" days... Grief does stink.