Monday, February 22, 2010

Hiding and Seeking...

So it's winter here...and OH what a winter that we've had. I think I read that we've had 4 snowfalls so far this year. Now that may not seem like much to you, but trust me...for this area...it's huge. We've actually had enough snow that I'm not looking forward to any further snow, no matter how determined the weather man is to send me some, thank you very much! Mostly snow means mud, dry grass, wet-underdressed kids (note: we do not own snow clothes, nor snow pants, only one really warm jacket each etc) and hours of wondering what ELSE to do. You can really only eat so many bowls of blueberry syrup slathered snow before you just wish for a warmish day.

You northern people, hush. I'm well aware how much of a baby I am about the cold weather...but the reality is I've lived in the warmer climes since I was 9 years old...and that's...well that's...well suffice to say it's a really long time.

So what do my children do? Same as everyone else's children. They wish for the outdoors, and their bikes and scooters and sidewalk chalk. In other words, they run wild.

Hide and Seek is one of the few outside games that has made the transition inside at our house. It's a little sad because there just aren't that many places to hide...and what is available is known to all and sundry...and if you ARE the hider, you know it is only a matter of time before all 6 places are searched. When you are 4, this is a wonderful thing, because it means there is ACTUALLY a chance you might find them...but at the same time, you are almost always INSTANTLY found. It's a trade off she is learning to deal with...




This is the aftermath of a game that happened just before quiet time. See, Bear has discovered that she fits under the sink in the guest bathroom. Of course, to fit, it takes a little...ehem...remodeling. Hmmmm, wonder how long it took the seeker to find her. There were a FEW clues apparent to my untrained eye...



hmmmm...she didn't EXACTLY pick it up now, did she?



And so it goes in winter. It's far messier and louder than I would choose...however, methinks it's still pretty sweet...

See ya around...

No comments: