Saturday, July 10, 2010

Eat My Bubbles...

So that child...you know the one...with the funny hips, that drives me crazy? Yeah, her. Well, since November she has been Sah-wimmin'. And swimming and swimming and swimming...

Through the winter it was 2 hours a week...but since June it's been every single day for an hour. She has a great coach who, understanding the implications of these hips, in May, INSISTED that she MUST swim every single day she could this summer. He has also been saying all summer, "You should go to a meet...you can compete...". To which she has replied, time and again, "I can't...I don't want to...I'm not ready"



Well, she changed her mind.

And for the first time in her life, ever, she competed at swimming today. She didn't win the event...but she gave some definite competition...and the best part? She WANTS to do it again. I call "VICTORY".

oh and Legg Perthes???


See ya around...

No comments: