Saturday, July 31, 2010

PPPFFFFFFffffffftttttttt.........

I'm having a bit of a grouch attack...

Beanie's staph rash is fabulous...she's still got some scars that are trying to get new skin...but she went back in the pool Thursday...Great, right? Of course right.

HOWEVER, she got up this morning with a pretty major rash...kinda bumpy, heat rash looking thing on her face and arms and legs...seems not to be on her trunk.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! AND BOTHER!

Well, I'm running under the assumption that this is a reaction to the antibiotic...I suppose it COULD be chicken pox or measles, but the rash-free-trunk seems to say, "Nah"...that and the fact this is my vaccinated kid, as opposed to my kid that was allergic to her vax.

AND, of course...it's SATURDAY! SATURDAY! BAH!

To those of you without children...Saturday means that if she truly needs medical attention we are on our way to the E.R. Ever had to take a child with an unknown illness to the E.R.? It lands on the unpleasant scale somewhere between licking a slimey pig nose and biting into something you thought was whipped cream and discovering it was actually rotten milk curds...it's NOT a good time.

At this moment...she is lazing on the couch. I gave her a little Benedryl to see what happens and I'm monitoring her...and everyone else again.

I told my mom that she MIGHT want to stay quarantined in her room for awhile...She's trying to leave next week to go see my brothers in Florida. Hey S&J, you want her now?? One word...INCUBATION. And no, I'm not TRYING to keep her, I swear.

Anyway...so in case you were wondering what was going on...that's it...we're stuck in the house AGAIN. PPPPPPpppppFFFFFFFffffffft.

P.S. Bubba just walked in from the gym...I showed him Miss Bean. Want to know what his first words were? "BUT IT'S SATURDAY...what are you getting sick on SATURDAY for?" (then he noogied her...)


See ya around...maybe.

3 comments:

CrossView said...

Of course it was on a Saturday! Ours are usually Friday NIGHT. Same problem! Aargh! Hope it's better by now.... Poor you! Poor Beanie! =/

Chef Scott said...

Baaaaaahhhhh is right! what are you SAYING!? incubation.... like I don't have anything else to keep me on edge :)

Chef Scott said...

BAaaahhhhhhh.... Indeed. waht are you SAYING?! incubation? what, I have nothing else to worry about.... you're distracting me.