Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Charlie's Angels 2010

My neighbor is so wonderful. A week or so ago, Beanie was playing outside and the little boy next door shared a REALLY cool play cell phone with her. This phone struck her heart. She was full of descriptions of this phone. "It's so COOL, Mom...it looks just REAL! I could pretend to text and everything." (She is a little disappointed in my apathetic view of texting which she believes might be nearly the most exciting thing she will EVER experience, aside from MAYBE her wedding. 11 year olds, you understand...but I digress.)

Well, it turns out that this "play" phone is actually a "blank" or "dummy" phone from the cell phone store...these are what they use as floor models and they are essentially a cell phone without the guts.

About 3 days ago my neighbor showed up with THREE of these little babies...and OOOOOOOO lemme tell you the fun the girls have had. They have been talking on them...setting up spy meetings...calling the Amazon River Valley...and calling out for Chinese food...pretending to be stranded like in "Man, Woman, Wild"...but with a cell phone (as it should be).

They've also decided to bedazzle them. Now, not REAL bedazzling...but shiny stickers do the trick in a pinch.




The question is...will they learn to stop playing with them while they are supposed to be doing school work BEFORE I lose my mind. I don't know how school teachers get anything done with so many of the kids having REAL phones.

I've gotta say, I'm a little jealous of one of the fakes...it's REEEEALLY cool...and my real phone is showing it's age. Maybe I'll bedazzle it so I can join the "Angels".



See ya around...

1 comment:

Peach said...

Oh em geeee, your girls are just like mine... in age diff and size and shape, everything. (:

I'm so glad your girls are so happy with their "cell phones"... I think my 10yo feels the same way your 11yo feels about texting.