Friday, August 9, 2013

Ah...Togetherness...

That day...you know when the cosmos dropped the bottle on my water line??  Well, there were more people in my world that day.  I spoke to a few people on the phone.  I spoke to my children.  And looking back, I've gotta tell you everything pre-catastrophe is a little tainted with the crab.  I'm not ready to claim complete responsibility, I believe that every other person in my world was crabby and I was merely in a bad mood due to these interactions.  Yep.

However.

Immediately following the team work that the flood required there was a spontaneous upsurge of joy in being together.  After our earlier behavior, we were all "grounded"...no electronics...except for me because I'm in school plan mode, but even me for the most part. 

While I worked at pulling stuff together the girls disappeared up the stairs.  Earlier they had asked if they could set up our new GIGANTIC tent in the school room.  After the "incident" I just couldn't face it.  I'm pretty good at "It's not a mess, it's a memory" most of the time...but I'd reached my limit.  So when they offered to JUST make a fort...I was all over it.

And WHAT a fort.  I spy sheets and a shower curtain and numerous pillow cases...oh my.


Also...it's two rooms, there's a queen air mattress at the front and a twin REAL mattress crossways at the back...enough room for 3 girls to sleep comfortably...

 
 Dear reader, how could the children be expected to sleep without a fan or two (or even 3) blowing into their beautiful pavilion?  Surely, at least the southerners among you understand this need.  Sadly I didn't think to take pictures of all three fans...but yes, there were these two oscillating fans AND a box fan on the other side...
 
 

Eventually they put in a TV, a roku box AND a CD player.  Quite the oasis in our desolate game room.  All the comforts of home, right out in the middle of the ... ehem ... room. 
 

As a side bar...I did let them build it again the next night, after they proved that they could put it back...and it was even bigger and better...
 
 
 
 
Sometime around dinner time this was all completed and while I was throwing together the last bits of dinner, Beanie came down and we played with cups a bit.  Please understand, this is not a rehearsal, nor a performance...this is pure goofiness...we actually CAN do this song fairly well, if we wanna, but we didn't, we just wanted to play ... This kid?  She's one of my favorites...
 


 
 
And then the rest of them showed up.  And there were MANY videos recorded...but my favorite is this picture...
 
 
they make me happy ... I should let them, always.
 
All in all a perfect end to a poorly started day. 
 
See ya around...



No comments: