Thursday, March 12, 2009

So you wanna be a rockstar????



Hmmm...well, not really. This has been a pretty uneventful day. A lot of waiting...a lot of sitting...A LOT of TV watching...A LOT. After this is through, I'm not sure that we'll EVER need to see another television show. I'm not sure I could even be tempted by Planet Earth...and I dig Planet Earth...

Sarah was so excited that she got to have to roommate. She's a sweetheart little girl who is recovering from hip surgery. They are getting to know one another and have been making me laugh all afternoon with their conversation and their dueling T.V. volumes.

So...here is the rig...

Here are the weights that are the traction part. She is wearing a foam boot that velcros around her legs...and there is a metal bracket on the bottom of the boot that connects to the weights via a thick string through a small pulley. Mr. Danny used some handy dandy scout/sailor type knots which he CLAIMS he could not teach anyone else how to tie to attach the boots to the string to the weights. She's not nearly as frowny as she looks in these pictures...she was trying to play a motorcycle playstation game and, well, she's not very good at it...ehem...AT ALL.



We still don't know a lot. Our doctor wants her in traction 24/7, except when she goes to the bathroom or during physical therapy. This makes her less than happy, especially at bed time (she's a side sleeper all the way). I know that as of this morning he wanted us here for the full five days...and we don't talk to him again until late afternoon/evening tomorrow so we won't know until then if anything is going to change.

This constant traction makes for interesting outings. Yes, I did say outings. They come in with a couple of nurses, unplug her bed and wheel the whole shebang wherever they wanna take her. The pictures above were taken in the Child Life center which is a really cool room full of all sorts of stuff. There are several gaming systems, a couple of computers and then just a TON of toys and interesting things...She tried to get me to untangle her so she could dress up...yeah right!!!

I did let her wear SEVERAL helmets...not EXACTLY dress up...but funny...



They also took us to the library/school room for a game party. Voluteers come to play games with the kids...there were probaby 15 kids and a MESS of grown-ups/young adults playing cut throat uno, connect four and checkers. I got my clock cleaned in checkers by a spunky 8yo and Sarah FINALLY won uno after 3 of the 5 players had been really close...and she did it from the tippy top of her bed, while they sat at a low table and handed her cards.

All in all, things are going well...I think I see more flexibility in that leg, but it's hard to tell for sure.

One other thing...I can't get to facebook so I hope you all followed me here...

Talk to you more tomorrow.

See ya around...

No comments: