Thursday, March 19, 2009

We're Home...

We got home yesterday about 1:00 pm and I have a few blog posts that I need to work on.

Still I thought I'd sneak in a quick one (no formatting or pictures), until I have time to untangle the mess we've got over here from momma being gone for 7 days. Thankfully Daddy was on top of everything, so it's really just restocking and regrouping with the kids.

Anyhoo...I'm stealing from an email that I wrote earlier when I say...

Sarah is "feeling" better...but she is still having a hard time bending at the hip...and the longer she is out of traction the worse this is getting. I don't know that we won't be back in the hospital in a flash, simply because the more stiff that hip is, the more chance we have of that nerve getting pinched again...plus...if it gets too bad she won't be able to sit upright, even in her wheel chair. Think about sitting straight up...your legs make about a 90 degree angle to your body...in hers, she's bending her lower back to be upright because (at least last night) her hip won't rotate.

The biggest roadblock is how fragile she is right now. I can't plan to do anything or be anywhere because I don't know that we won't have to go back into the hospital because of another pinched nerve or even just because she keeps getting worse.

I did take her to the chiro today with some positive change...although now that the hip is IN the socket the pressure is different...not worse just different than it has been. Our chiro ALSO wants us to figure out traction at home. Bubba thinks he has the hardware part figured out...and I think I have the foam boot thing figured out...so we are working to get that settled sooner than later. In case this sounds scary, go look at the picture again...it's not full traction we are talking about and at the hospital I did it every single time she went in and every single time she went out...I know the angles they were doing and I fixed the weights every time they fell off (yes, fell off)...so I feel pretty confident that we can mickey mouse something together that would be adequate.

Anyway, there is indeed more to tell...but these are the most current high spots. UNLESS something gets worse, we won't see the doctor again for 4-6 weeks. Here's to hoping it goes like that.

To those of you locally...thank you SO much for your support over the last few days. So many of you offered and helped with the little girls, visited us, brought us food (psst, Bubba and the girls ate ALL those lemon bars, Mr. Matt) and called just to say you loved us.

And to those that sent packages...MUAH! (that's cyber-speak for a kiss) You should see her little eye sparkle. She's working on the thank you cards now...so look for those in the mail...and save 'em will ya, someday I may want to make a scrapbook or something.

We really are so blessed.

To add to the blessings, my folks are going to be here sometime this weekend. Grandpa will drop off Grandma and do a few jobs in the general vicinity and then come back to us and either take her home or stay as long as we need.

Thank you so much for your continued prayers.

See ya around...

No comments: